Friday 3 April 2020

Poetry writing task

As well as keeping your diary, writing poetry can be just as helpful, if not easier to express how you might be feeling during this difficult time.

I came across a poem by one of my favorite women of all time 'Rupi Kaur' and I thought how you don't need to write pages to get your emotions across. It can be as easy as writing a selection of lines and then we can call it poetry. 

Here is the one that moved me and it's about community:
I'd like you to have a go at writing a few lines of poetry to express how you might be feeling. It could be about missing your friends, getting closer to your family or trying out new things. I look forward to you sharing yours in the comments section.

4 comments:

  1. Roses are red
    violets are blue
    games are fun
    and so as you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my poem

    Jumping on my trampoline
    Thinking of how long I've been
    Trapped behind my front door
    I wish it wasn't under the law
    We had a bbq with nanny
    I wish I could see more of her and my granny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah love it Della, thanks so much for sharing!

      Miss Oner

      Delete