Thursday 2 April 2020

Malala's Magic Pencil

Good morning Year 5,

I have some big news. I'm. Officially. A. YouTuber.

Never did I think I would even utter such words but I want you to make the most out of these blog posts so I will be uploading videos from my channel for you to watch which will assist with your learning.

One of the core texts for this month is 'Malala's Magic Pencil' which is such a powerful book about how Malala came to become the activist that she is now. Click on the picture to watch the full video. (excuse the poor camera skills) Activity below.




After watching the video, can you think about: 

1. If you had a magic pencil, what would come out of it and why? 
2. Why is Malala so passionate about education? 

TASK: Imagine you are one of Malala’s friends and you have to design a poster to help her fight for equal rights between girls and boys.

Success criteria: 

- catchy message 
- facts and statistics
- attractive images with color 

If you email them to debeauvoirprimaryschool@gmail.com after and I can upload them onto the blog! 



Well done Della! This is phenomenal! Love the catchy slogan : )

1 comment:

  1. Miss Mackenzie3 April 2020 at 14:39

    Hi Ms Oner, I am enjoying your blog and can't wait to have a look at your YouTube channel! Thanks for setting it up.

    ReplyDelete