Monday 11 May 2020

Extended writing

So I know some of you wouldn't have written much in a  while so I thought it would be a good idea to try some this week because if we do return to school we don't want to have to start from scratch.

I would like you to watch this short film clip and then carry on writing from the point it finishes. You can either write it from 1st person or 3rd person.


          

You will need to include:

- expanded noun phrases 
- prepositional phrases
- similes and metaphors 
- fronted adverbials 

Here is my example for you to magpie:

An endless pit of doom lurched rapidly towards my face, the sharpness of the teeth filled with hate only inches from piercing my skin. I threw myself against the ground landing hard on my shoulder. The beast bellowed in anger. Quick, think fast. I drew for another arrow but a paw the size of my shield was striking in my direction. Suddenly, I felt a pain like no other. Time stopped still. My heartbeat paused. The thud to the floor echoed in my ears. I took what I thought might be my last breath. But then...

2 comments: